Tuesday, January 2, 2007

I've started making a movie!


Today and yesterday I started making a movie using Lego. My dad has bought a video camera and he's letting me use it. My dad and I do a bit of my movie every morning.

The movie is called "Rock Ya! - the World Tour". This is becuase it is about a rock band called "Rock Ya!". I am using stop-motion animation to make everything move.

Yesterday morning we did the very start of it, when our two main characters, who are rock stars called Hiraku and Takashi, are in the car and come to a central crossing. Suddenly the gates go down and the pedestrian gates close...and guess what! A Kombi races along the train track saying "Help, help! I'm being chased by a train!". Then you hear a high-pitched train whistle and a huge steam train rushes across.

Today, I had them driving in from the central crossing, then the camera follows them to their house. The funny thing is, if you know what Bionicles are, then that's what their house is being guarded by - Bionicles! The Bionicles lift up their weapons, the garage door opens, and Hiraku and Takashi drive in. And if Alex (my cousin) is reading this, then YES - they're Exoforce minifigs!!

I chose Exoforce minifigs because of their blue and green colourful hair...I thought they looked like a punk rockers hairdo, and that gave me the idea for a band.

I'm working on sets for it at the moment. And these are no normal rockstars! If you've watched Wallace and Gromit, they have all these gadgets like all the ones in Wallace and Gromit's house. Right now I'm going to work on the bathroom set, I think...or maybe the bed :)

Later I'll put some footage from the movie on the blog...if I can figure out how!

See ya, from Ollie

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Hi Ollie,

I love your blog and I look forward to seeing your movie. It is funny because we were just talking about making a movie with our guinea pigs yesterday :-). Ours wouldn't necessarily be stop motion though.

I look forward to reading about your adventures

Caroline (Liam's Mum)